Hey Coffee Roaster, are you getting started with coffee roasting or just new to Genuine Origin (GO — that’s what most roasters call us)? Well first, welcome aboard! We’re so glad you’re here and honored to be part of your coffee journey!
We recognize that buying green coffee can be tricky — contracts, origin differences, different qualities, price swings, the C-market…you name it —make coffee buying…well…let’s say “unique” or perhaps, downright challenging. And that’s part of reason why we exist. So let’s try to unpack it all.
GO was launched to demystify and simplify the green coffee buying experience for coffee roasters. Why? Because we want you to buy with confidence, so you can spend more time on your passion (ie — Coffee Roasting or roasting green coffee) and grow your business. And hopefully we can grow right along with you.
To that end, we’ve put together some resources to help you get the most out of our unique supply chain and ordering system. We’re very different from other importers, mainly in that it is a lot easier to buy green coffee with us.
GO is perfect for Roasters who want to…
- Buy specialty green coffee at affordable, transparent prices
- Stock up on Roastery Essentials that we generally offer all year round (Your daily roasts absolutely MUST have consistency)
- Direct cash flow to other parts of the business instead of tying it up in large batches of green coffee inventory
- Have the flexibility to buy what they need when they need it
- Buy single 65-lb boxes of green coffee, or mix and match boxes from different lots
- Manage your entire order history by logging into your Account on the GO website
- Enjoy tailored customer service and a streamlined coffee buying experience for roasters of all sizes
GO always guarantees…
- FREE shipping — Whether you order a sample, a box, or multiple pallets, shipping is always FREE within the continental US. We even offer palletized LTL shipments at no additional charge, unless you need a lift gate (that’s $25 extra)
- No contracts and no minimums — buy the amount of green coffee you need, whenever you need it, right on our website
- Quantity discounts — Get 5¢/lb off any 3 boxes, 10¢/lb off on 5 boxes, 15¢/lb off on 10 boxes, and 30¢/lb off on 24 boxes, applied automatically when you checkout! You can even mix and match different coffees and still get the discount too
- Buying forward for the next 90 days to lock in the coffee and price you want, for the shipment date you want it for, without paying for it until the coffee ships. We don’t even charge warehousing fees for it. Just select your shipment date at checkout for up to 90 days later and enjoy a predictable flow of green coffee right to your roastery. If you have a more complicated request that requires individual attention, our team is here to help.
The specialty green coffee from GO is…
- Evaluated and scored by Q-graders — They also supply the flavor notes that go on every coffee available on GO’s website. Don’t trust us yet? Just look for an Order Sample link below the Buy button on any coffee page to try it yourself. Each sample is 300 grams of green coffee. (If the Order Sample link isn’t there, we don’t have any samples available for that coffee.)
- Sourced in partnership with our huge network of sister companies based in origins around the world. We follow our Volcafe Way farmer support strategy to train producers in farming as a business, providing long-term solutions and innovations for quality and productivity improvements
- Packed in 65lb GrainPro-lined jute bags or GO Green bags, then packed again in sturdy, 100% recyclable, stackable boxes with strong handles
- Stored in our East or West Coast Warehouse — All of our inventory is live on our site. If coffee is listed as Afloat, the coffee is at origin, on a boat, or in transit and can’t be shipped to you just yet.
Some things you should know about GO are…
- We’re here for you — GO is more than just a website. The coffee gurus on our team can help you purchase the right coffee for your coffee roasting business. We’re always happy to answer any questions about our inventory, your order, or even help you set up a shipping schedule, so your roastery is always stocked with fresh green coffee. Just get in touch!
- It’s probably best to add our email address, though, whether you’re using Gmail, Hotmail, or even AOL. Even if you don’t subscribe to our newsletter, we’ll send you updates about your order, tracking info, confirmations, etc.
- We’re active on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and our blog with news from coffee origins, inventory and service updates, live cupping sessions, and more. Follow us for all things green coffee